Friday, August 19, 2011

Technicolor.

I really never thought this day would come, and now it's here! Tomorrow morning I move in to room 403 in Kerr Dormitory at OBU.

My bags are packed and everything I own is crammed into my own personal U-haul, otherwise known as Mooreland's church van. I'm really hoping that I won't be the only girl who has a seemingly infinite amount of stuff to carry up four flights of stairs. When you move from across and entire continent and ocean away, you can't exactly leave boxes at Mom and Dad's place.

The anticipation is like nothing I've ever felt before, like pioneering unchartered territory. This new beginning is my chance to start fresh. No old high school drama. No returning to the same dreadful teachers or classrooms. No, "oh that's the blonde missionary girl, from Oklahoma, who wears overalls and is really bad at Math!" ......  I now have the opportunity to courageously approach an unfamiliar face with one simple fact, "I'm Karrington." In fact the entire campus will be flooded with names tomorrow, and I am very much looking forward to discovering the beings that are behind those names.

There are worries too, but they pale in comparison to my excitement and curiosity.
God has faded all my fears to a grey and brought forth the newness that lies before me in technicolor. Now that's Artistry.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of you at your new dormitory! So excited to see what this next year (and the next 4!) bring for you. Praying for you, sweet Karrington! :)

    ReplyDelete