Thursday, August 25, 2011

Zip! Bang! OBU!

Well, dear readers, I am now fully installed in Kerr Residence Hall at Oklahoma Baptist University. Welcome Week is over and classes have started today. I can only say things all happened so very fast. In a moment I was moved into my room, given an ID #, saying goodbye to my family, and running around with a green and gold beanie.
Loneliness tends to try and creep its way into my heart lately these days, but the Lord has continuously reminded me in real ways that He is always by my side. "Do not be afraid, for I am with you" (Isaiah 43:5).
I have been forced to ask myself, "Have I really placed my complete and total confidence in my Maker? Do I trust Him to see me through?" Saying yes to the previous is only one part of truly answering the question, I now must let the manner in which I daily live out my life be in concordance with my words. And that part of answering the question is a daily fight against self.
I speak hopelessness.
He speaks new life.
I speak fear.
He speaks light that casts out all fear.
I utter, "How?'
He pulls me up, whispering, "Through ME. through ME. all things through ME."
I am your Shepherd.
You have all that you need.
Let's go for a walk. I will let you rest in green meadows, leading you by quiet streams.
When you walk through dark valleys, don't be afraid, for I am here. I am near. I am right...here.
My rod and my staff keep you safe, holding you close.
Put away your paper dishes and come sit down at my table.
Let me call you Chosen One, pouring out all I am for you 'til your glass overflows.
Abounding goodness. Infinite Love. No end. No goodbyes.
My House is yours. Forever.


(Ps.23)

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, Karrington! You are an amazing writer.

    ReplyDelete